Omega fatty acids are valuable fats, for your diet and your skin. There are 11 omega fatty acids. Among the omegas, one of the most vital for skin is:
Omega-9—Plentiful in flax seed (linseed) oil and soybean, canola, peanut, and sunflower oils.
Here are some of the things topical application of omega fatty acids can do for your skin:
- Reinforce and smooth skin’s surface.
- Increase hydration without feeling heavy, and help keep skin hydrated.
- Calm signs of external stressors, including redness and sensitivity.
- Eliminate signs of flaky, dehydrated-looking skin.
- Visibly strengthen skin against signs of environmental damage.
- Deliver antioxidants for anti-aging results.