Omega fatty acids are valuable fats, for your diet and your skin. There are 11 omega fatty acids of which two (omega-3 and omega-6) are considered essential fatty acids because the body cannot make them on its own. Among the omegas, one of the most vital for skin is:
Omega-3—Found in foods such as fish oil, flax seed (linseed) oil, walnut oil, chia oil, and certain species of algae.
Here are some of the things topical application of omega fatty acids can do for your skin:
- Reinforce and smooth skin’s surface.
- Increase hydration without feeling heavy, and help keep skin hydrated.
- Calm signs of external stressors, including redness and sensitivity.
- Eliminate signs of flaky, dehydrated-looking skin.
- Visibly strengthen skin against signs of environmental damage.
- Deliver antioxidants for anti-aging results.